This October, the world of television and film converges with two remarkable events: MIPCOM in the heart of Cannes and the American Film Market (AFM) set against the backdrop of sun-soaked Santa Monica. These events offer unparalleled opportunities for all industry professionals and creatives to network, explore, and redefine the media landscape. So, save the date for the event that makes the most sense for your business—and don't forget to reach out to us - we'll have FilmTrack teams at both events!
MIPCOM OCT 16 - 19, Cannes
AFM OCT 31 - NOV 5, Santa Monica
MIPCOM, Cannes: Oct 16-19, 2023
Nestled in the iconic city of Cannes, MIPCOM stands as one of the foremost global markets for entertainment content. It's not just a conference; it's a melting pot of ideas, innovations, and opportunities. Over four days, delegates from across the globe will gather to witness the unveiling of the latest international television content, broker significant deals, and participate in inspiring sessions. Whether you're a content creator, broadcaster, or distributor, MIPCOM promises enriching connections and profound insights into the world of television.
Our top session picks focusing on content monetization and distribution topics:
- Cracking Audience Trends - A research and consultancy company gives their latest insights on the recent challenges of broadcasters and streamers, on the evolution of audience viewing habits, and on the latest content trends.
- New Strategies in Partnerships and Distribution - A look at a distribution strategy involving a blend of original content with an extensive catalog of over 20,000 film titles and TV episodes, with the aim for a broader third-party platform reach and insights into a distinct deal related to an exciting new project!
- Fresh TV Fiction - Insights into the latest trends in television and digital content, with highlights on various tools and databases that assist broadcasters, producers, and distributors worldwide in understanding and capitalizing on emerging creative directions in the media landscape.
- Unlocking AI Summit - International experts discuss the potentials and implications of Generative AI for the TV & Entertainment sector, exploring its transformative power and the ethical and regulatory challenges it presents.
- FAST & Global Summit Part I and Part II - A platform for FAST executives to discuss emerging opportunities, with insights from experts in production, distribution, monetization, and programming, culminating in a networking reception.
- How to Navigate SVOD, AVOD And Fast Options and Rights for Your Documentary - Interactive session, allowing attendees to delve into production, distribution, rights, and access topics with an industry expert boasting extensive experience in film, TV, and digital distribution, alongside a rich background in strategic planning and rights advisory.
AFM, Santa Monica: Oct 31-Nov 5, 2023
The American Film Market takes center stage when transitioning from the European hub of Cannes to the breezy shores of Santa Monica. This event is more than just a film market; it's a testament to the evolving dynamics of global film industries. For five transformative days, producers, distributors, and stakeholders will engage in deep discussions, witness the screening of prospective blockbusters, and shape the future of cinematic storytelling. AFM offers an unmatched environment to discover emerging trends and forge new partnerships in cinema.
Sessions to keep an eye on include:
Connect with FilmTrack
While these two events are sure to be brimming with highlights, FilmTrack's presence offers its unique opportunity. As pioneers in media rights management, our team is passionate about revolutionizing how media rights are managed and distributed. We are your go-to experts for all attendees eager to understand the nuances of media rights management or to enhance their existing knowledge.
Whether you're at MIPCOM or AFM, don't miss the chance to connect with us. Let’s explore, discuss, and collaborate on the future of media rights management. Together, we can envision and shape the future of content in an increasingly digital age.
FilmTrack is an RBC Company and subsidiary of City National Bank Member FDIC. City National Bank is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada.