As we close out the year, we reflect on the dynamic changes 2023 has seen. Content creation challenges, dramatic changes in consumer habits, and technological advances have all profoundly influenced our industry. We also highlight some of our top-performing guides and blog articles so you can catch any resources you may have missed!
Critical Issues in 2023
Streaming's Profound Impact
The impact of streaming platforms on the entertainment industry cannot be overstated. The way audiences consume media has dramatically changed. Streaming has enabled more diverse content production and opened many new avenues for selling assets.
The Rise of FAST Channels
One of the more notable changes has been the emergence and growth of FAST (Free Ad-Supported Streaming Television) channels. These platforms blend traditional broadcast experiences with the convenience of streaming, offering content across various genres without subscription fees. Their rise signifies a challenge to conventional subscription-based models, reflecting viewer habits shifting towards more affordable and flexible viewing options.
International Distribution and Licensing Trends
The global film distribution and licensing landscape is also changing. The digitization of the industry and the rise of mobile viewing have paved the way for expansion opportunities. The international market is experiencing a resurgence, with significant players redefining distribution strategies.
The Role of Royalties and Licensing
Royalties and licensing have become more complex, necessitating advanced management systems. Effective rights and royalty management software has become indispensable with the increasing intricacy of deals and the diversification of rights (theatrical, TV, streaming, etc.).
FilmTrack's Top 2023 Resources
As we strive to keep pace with the changes, FilmTrack's has been leading the way, providing expertise and direction through our expert blog articles and guides. Here's a recap of our most impactful content from the past year:
Our Top 2023 Guides
- Avoid risks in managing rights and royalties with this guide to help you ensure effective software implementation for business stability and ROI.
- Includes key strategies for selecting the best vendor, emphasizing a structured process and solution efficacy to stay ahead in the industry.
- Learn how to protect your entertainment rights against cyber threats in this guide covering software security, asset protection policies, and compliance standards.
- Included are FilmTrack's specific methods for upholding strict regulatory standards
- Use this guide to discover the importance of financial integration in your rights management system, learn how to assess your system's effectiveness, and see why advanced economic features are crucial for growing libraries.
- Access a checklist and insights on selecting a system that tracks royalties and aligns with major financial platforms, ensuring efficient asset monetization.
Our Top 6 Blog Articles of 2023
- Dive into how FAST channels are reshaping the entertainment landscape, offering a mix of traditional and modern viewing experiences.
- Explore the profound changes streaming services have brought to film production, distribution, and consumption.
- Uncover the latest trends driving international film distribution and what to expect in the future.
- Learn about the complexities of royalties and licensing and how to navigate them effectively.
- Understand the nuances of dealing with FAST channels and how to capitalize on the trend.
- Discover how data and technology are revolutionizing film finance and licensing.
Stay Ahead in 2024
Stay ahead in 2024! Subscribe to our blog for more expert insights and strategies on rights management. Get expert analyses, technological and industry standards tips, and much more, all tailored for media professionals. Take advantage of our crucial updates - subscribe now and thrive!
FilmTrack is an RBC Company and subsidiary of City National Bank Member FDIC. City National Bank is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada.
This article is for general information and education only. It is provided as a courtesy to the clients and friends of FilmTrack. FilmTrack does not warrant that it is accurate or complete. Opinions expressed and estimates or projections given are those of the authors or persons quoted as of the date of the article with no obligation to update or notify of inaccuracy or change. This article may not be reproduced, distributed or further published by any person without the written consent of FilmTrack. Please cite source when quoting.