The days of securely keeping sensitive rights data on spreadsheets or onsite in legacy systems are gone. Hacks kill revenue, and projects can miss distribution windows because systems are compromised. As a result, in today’s evolving and competitive entertainment landscape, companies are looking for a greater degree of software security.Rights management systems possess a depth and intricacy that companies often ignore – until it's too late. As a result, organizations often make massive investments in these systems, which can be especially difficult for smaller companies with fewer resources. An agile rights management platform minimizes security threats, protects company data, and increases productivity.
Our new ebook, The Critical Role of Security in Entertainment Rights Management, offers insights into the critical security-related components that companies of all sizes must look for in a rights management system. Our ebook covers:
- Product security. The efforts developers undertake to build a secure system that ensures security with multi-factor authentication, cybersecurity protections, and role-based access control.
- Application security. The architecture, hardware, and hosting required to protect access to information, offer access to data, and improve the application’s security.
Organizational security. The steps organizations take to protect priority information from data breaches, unauthorized access, cyberattacks, and other disruptive data security threats.
The Importance of Security in Rights Management
Media companies that track royalties and distribution are highly concerned (and rightly so) about security, not only when doing business but also when selecting a new rights management platform. After all, software security is critical – so critical that it should be contemplated long before a software solution hits the market. As a result, they are looking for solutions that deliver:
- The capacity to record every transaction – who is getting paid and how much – and securely store all information in the cloud.
- Security that protects access to the information behind the screen to provide database-level protection.
- Security standards that go beyond those provided by a standalone software company – as evidenced by certifications that meet incredibly high standards.
This ebook will help align your security strategy with what enterprise media companies and smaller organizations require in our complex rights management landscape.
Download the ebook to learn more!
This article is for general information and education only. FilmTrack does not warrant that it is accurate or complete. Opinions expressed and estimates or projections given are those of the authors or persons quoted as of the date of the article with no obligation to update or notify of inaccuracy or change. This article may not be reproduced, distributed or further published by any person without the written consent of FilmTrack. Please cite sources when quoting.
FilmTrack, as a matter of policy, does not give tax, accounting, regulatory or legal advice, and any information provided should not be construed as such. Rules in the areas of law, tax, and accounting are subject to change and open to varying interpretations. You should consult with your other advisors on the tax, accounting and legal implications of actions you may take based on any strategies presented, taking into account your own particular circumstances.