The Cannes Film Festival will shine for its 76th event later this month, May 16th-27th. Cannes is one of the most prestigious film events in the world, attracting filmmakers, industry executives, and fans alike. While the festival is known for showcasing some of the year's best films, it is also an opportunity for rights management companies to network, learn, and grow their businesses.
Opportunities at Cannes
Attending Cannes is an excellent opportunity for you to gain exposure and build relationships with potential clients and collaborators. Companies specializing in managing rights and royalties have a unique advantage in this space, as you can help filmmakers and distributors navigate the complex world of rights management and monetization.
The festival is also a great way to stay updated on the latest developments in the entertainment industry. There are several panels and meetings focused on topics such as audience connection strategies and content monetization. Attending these events provides valuable insights and helps you stay ahead of the curve.
Highlights of education sessions include:
- The Internationalization of Film and the American Moviegoing Experience - LA Times film critic Justin Chang will discuss the ever-evolving modern movie marketplace and the pitfalls and the payoffs facing global filmmakers.
- Projecting Progress: How Can We Best Cultivate and Grow Audiences in a Dynamic and Diverse Film Landscape? - A panel will discuss delivering diverse cinematic experiences across a broad range of content.
- Producers, Films, and Audiences: How to Connect the Dots - A panel will explore audience development approaches against the backdrop of the huge challenge facing the industry today: getting people back into movie theaters.
- The Future of Festivals: Emerging Strategies for Connecting with Audiences - Learn about emerging trends and evidence-based strategies for connecting better with existing and new audiences based on the soon-to-be-published Eventive white paper, State of Festivals 2023: Patterns of Resilience and Recovery.
- Finding an Audience for your Film: The Basics of Sales and Distribution Strategy for Documentary - Access insights into documentary distribution and the basics of setting up release strategies.
Networking At Cannes
The biggest advantage to your rights management company in attending Cannes is the opportunity to network with industry leaders and decision-makers. The festival attracts diverse attendees, including filmmakers, producers, distributors, investors, and executives from major studios and streaming platforms. Cannes creates a unique environment where companies can connect with potential clients, partners, and investors and explore new business opportunities.
One opportunity, in particular, is through the Meet the Streamers program. With details still unfolding on specifics, the returning program promises to offer an "array of exclusive keynotes and conferences" featuring world-class executives who will discuss new initiatives and launching services and talk about what's trending in the streaming world. This is the 5th edition of the program and it is a terrific opportunity for streaming buyers and programmers from around the world to network.
Join Us At Cannes!
Cannes is an excellent opportunity for you to network, learn, and grow your businesses. By taking advantage of various events at the festival, you can position yourself as a valuable partner to filmmakers and distributors. And we'd love to be one of those partners too! FilmTrack will have a team attending Cannes who can offer you firsthand experience into how our cutting-edge platform revolutionizes how you manage and monetize your content! Schedule a meeting and catch up with our team at Cannes to learn more!